About this form
On 20 September, the Government announced a new national Test and Trace Support scheme which started on 28 September 2020 for certain people who are required by law to self-isolate. If you have been told by the NHS to self-isolate, either because you have tested positive for coronavirus COVID-19 or you have been in contact with someone who has tested positive, you may be entitled to some financial support during your self-isolation period. This form is an application for that financial support. For further information please follow the link below:
New package to support and enforce self-isolation (GOV.UK website)
From 8 March 2021, the scheme has been expanded so parents or guardians who are not legally required to self-isolate can apply for a Test and Trace Support Payment or discretionary payment if they need to take time off work to care for a child or young person who is self-isolating.
How much financial support will be provided?
People required by law to self-isolate may be entitled to a lump sum payment of £500 to cover their period of isolation, provided that this starts on or after 28 September. The payment is for people who are employed or self-employed on lower incomes who cannot work from home and will lose income as a result of having to self-isolate.
Please complete this form if you think you may be eligible for a Test and Trace Support payment. You can apply up to 42 days after your period of self-isolation starts. This form will collect the information we need so that we can check whether you are eligible for a £500 payment.
Before you start
You will need the following information to complete this form:
• A copy of your latest bank statement (issued within the last two months). This must be for the account you would like your support paid into. If your wages are paid into your bank account, you will also need a bank statement which shows your wages.
• Proof of your earnings. If you are employed, this means your most recent payslip. If you are self-employed, this could be a recent business bank statement (issued within the last two months), your most recent set of accounts or evidence of your self-assessment returns.
• Proof of your unique NHS Test and Trace Account ID. If you test positive for coronavirus, or are told to self-isolate by contact tracers, you will be provided with an NHS Test and Trace Account ID. If you have been told to self-isolate by the NHS COVID-19 app, you will need to follow some additional steps to request your NHS Test and Trace Account ID. In either case you must have completed the contact tracing journey, including completing all the steps you are asked to follow.
• Your National Insurance number.
If you are claiming as a parent or guardian of a child or your person you will not be required to have a Test and Trace account ID for yourself but will also need to provide:
• The name and age of the child who is self-isolating
• That child's education or care setting and year group including an email or phone number for the setting
• And either:
◦ the child's eight-digit NHS Test and Trace ID number. This is for parents and guardians of children or young people who have received a notification directly from NHS Test and Trace telling them to self-isolate, or
◦ a communication from the child or young person's education or childcare setting confirming that they have to self-isolate. This is for parents and guardians of children or young people who have been told to self-isolate by their education or childcare setting because they have been identified as a close contact of someone who has tested positive, or
◦ a screenshot of a young person's NHS COVID-19 App notification telling them to self-isolate AND evidence that the young person has an Education, Health and Care Plan. This is for parents or guardians of young people aged 16-25 who have additional support needs and who have been notified to self-isolate by the NHS COVID-19 App
If you are self-isolating yourself then please do not claim as being a parent or guardian of a young person who is self-isolating but make a claim in your own right.
Start a form
Click on the Start button below to start your application for a Test and Trace Support payment.